Monday, January 28, 2013

Review: Boscia Pore Strips




Here is a quick review of Boscia’s Pore Purifying Black Strips

For people with blackheads, pore strips are a great solution and with the addition of a good cream/serum product, the size of your pores as well as the existence of blackheads can be seriously reduced. After having tried Boscia’s BB cream and having been very satisfied with the product, I decided to also try out the same company’s pore strips.





The pack contains 6 one-use strips in a black color; one side has an adhesive substance, which you must apply to a wet surface – otherwise it won’t stick. So basically, wash your face but leave your nose  very wet. The strip stays on for 15 minutes or until it has hardened. It promises to remove dirt and oil from pores while simultaneously minimizing pore size, leaving the skin “exceptionally cleansed”.  You are supposed to use this product once or twice a week, no more. 

Sadly, I was very disappointed by the performance of this product. Here’s what I experienced.

- No matter how wet the surface I attempt to apply the strip on is (in this case, my nose), it still doesn’t stick on well and it eventually ends up falling off from one side...

- It doesn’t remove anything… My skin is left the same, if not worse because it’s irritated by the sticky substance, and I am nowhere near cleaner or minimized pores.

- I wanted to give this product a chance, but it really doesn’t even remove the dirt or the oil from my nose. I at first thought that my pores are too deep for a strip to clean but the thing is, this product doesn’t seem to be doing anything but sitting there until it dries and fall off. 

Perhaps this product would be more suitable for someone with a small blackhead issue but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with visible blackheads.

Would I repurchase? Nah… I’m glad I bought the sample pack that contained only six strips. 

*S

No comments:

Post a Comment