Thursday, November 29, 2012

Tokidoki Make up brush review (^___^)


Makeup brushes are essential to getting a good result when you’re doing your routine make up or even when trying something new! Good make up brushes offer precision when applying products and also blend well, giving an overall flawless finish. For the past couple of years, I have been faithful to my Tokidoki brushes, which have overall proven to be a good investment.

Here is a description of each brush’s use and also my take on how the brushes have done when applying differently textured eye shadows.
The Tokidoki Eyeliner Brush (Donutella): This brush is absolutely amazing. It has precision even when I forget to clean it for the longest time (yeah… I should just clean the brush) and it works great with gel liner as well as powder liner. Soft to the touch and the delicate skin of the eyelids.
The Tokidoki Crease Brush (Adios Amigos): I have mixed feelings for this brush. It does a great job with most eye shadows and blends everything well, however if the texture of the eye shadow means that it needs more effort when blending, this brush usually fails me. At best, I would say that when at its element, this brush does really well, but it is in no way a multi-use brush, which isn’t so good if you can’t afford buying many make up brushes. None the less, it is a good buy since there aren’t many eye shadows out there that don’t blend easily anymore and are successfully sold.






The Tokidoki Eye shadow Brush (Mozzarella): Seriously, my best purchase ever since I started looking into the makeup brush issue. It does more than just apply the eye shadow perfectly, I can also use it for blending and underlining my eyes; sometimes I only use this brush and then briefly brush over it with the Crease Brush.









The Siberia Blush Brush: A great blush brush with a pretty neat design to it as well. Applies blush as well as bronzer or any kind of powder really well!! It has a slight angled shape which leads me to believe that it might not be good for applying finishing powder but I haven’t tried it, so I wouldn’t know :P







Overall, I spend a total of $65 for these four brushes, which I consider a pretty decent investment, considering their quality and design. You can also find the Tokidoki collections online (at Amazon etc.) and they usually offer a pretty good discount so you can factor them into your personal budget. The details on the brushes add an extra bit of fantasy to them, which makes your makeup routine all the more fun! Every brush is dedicated to a Tokidoki character and the bristles on each brush match the color of the character. They are also made with some pretty damage-resistant material, so they don’t bend or break (but seriously, don’t try to break them). Aside from that, I haven’t had to look for other brushes since I got the Tokidoki ones and honestly, it’s nice to know that I just need four brushes to do any make up style J
*S

No comments:

Post a Comment