Tuesday, November 27, 2012

NIVEA Review





Today, I’ll be reviewing some of the deodorants from the NIVEA Antiperspirant Deodorant Spray series. I came across this series when I was looking for an alternative to the regular stick deodorant, since the stick would often leave white marks on my shirts. I’m not bashing the stick deodorants and they work well for a lot of people; I still use them myself sometimes.


NIVEA’S Invisible for Black and White Pure:



 I bought this after I saw the commercial with that lady with the half-white-half-black dress dancing around without a care because she had no sweat stains! No, but seriously, I was interested in seeing how the product would work on different colored fabric and I wasn’t disappointed. I have yet to wear a black and white shirt and test the deodorant in that way but I can safely say that it does what it promises: no white marks on your dark shirts and no yellow stains on your white clothes. It also feels very light and has a very fresh smell to it. Sometimes stick deodorants would feel a bit heavy and the smell was kind of as if I had sterilized my under arm area, which didn’t feel all too good. And no more white stains on anything! (YAY)


NIVEA’s Double Effect Violet Senses:



 I picked this up because of the “avocado extracts” sign. Avocado is generally known for giving you soothing skin, since it’s very moisturizing and can be good for you whether you use it in facial masks, hair masks or just eating it (^^). This deodorant promises a long lasting sense of soft skin, which I can’t say I have put to the test. I can definitely testify as to whether it does a good job or not in maintaining your feel of clean and fresh – and the answer is yes. This is currently my favorite deodorant and the fact that the bottle is purple adds some extra points (my favorite color is purple). The smell with this one is also different: it has some flowery scent to it, which is a nice change.


NIVEA’S Calm and Care:  



I shave my under arm area almost on a daily basis – which I don’t recommend. But especially in the summer time, I can’t avoid it, the hair seems to grow to a noticeable state overnight and I feel really self-conscious when heading to the beach and the like. This deodorant helped a little with the irritation that shaving causes, since it’s made for that as well. Its protection from sweat lasts only for 24 hours, but the bottle is easy to throw in your bag and “touch up” during the day if you think you need to. Its smell is similar to the Black and White one.  I have been using it right after shaving and it seems to help sooth my skin a lot.


As I might have mentioned before, I love products that are travel friendly. I hate worrying about bottles breaking in my suitcase and pouring all over things (ugh…). The NIVEA spray deodorants are great for traveling or just carrying around with you as you’re running from place to place during the day. The only disadvantage I would list with this series is that even the products that are listed as “48 hours protection”, barely pass the 24 hour test. Even though I feel sorry for the person who has to run non-stop for more than 24 hours with no break whatsoever, it would be nice for these deodorants to be a little more long lasting. Other than that, I find the spray deodorants to be a better replacement to the stick, since they are overall more light and don’t leave any marks on your clothes
*S

1 comment: